1) Is the Conference open to everyone?
Yes! While the sessions are targeted towards clinical professionals, NGO workers, and educators, anyone interested in mental health/youth mental health is welcome to join. There are no geographical limitations for conference access, anyone around the globe can join.
2) Will the conference be in-person or virtual?
The conference and summit will be delivered in both an online and in-person format, in English and Cantonese, in order to allow everyone with an interest in youth mental health to experience the exceptional line up of world-renowned speakers.
Ticket holders will have access to a state of the art, interactive, digital programme and will have the option to express interest in attending in person at Centricity in Central, Hong Kong (subject to public gathering restrictions). With the many uncertainties of the coronavirus pandemic, we will continue to monitor the situation and follow guidance from the Hong Kong Government.
3) What language will the conference be in?
The conference will be in both English and Cantonese. Simultaneous translation will be available for all sessions, to ensure all are available in both languages.
1) Who is the youth summit for?
No previous mental health knowledge is required - all are welcome to attend! This will be open to adolescents and young adults; sessions are targeted towards high school and university aged students (12-24).
2) What is Coolminds?
Mind HK and KELY Support Group's youth mental health initiative. Find out more here: www.coolmindshk.com
3) What language will the youth summit be in?
The summit will be in both English and Cantonese. Simultaneous translation will be available for all sessions, to ensure all are available in both languages.
4) What will be covered at the youth summit?
Key topics that will be addressed at the summit include fostering positive mental health and resilience; reaching out for support; lived experiences; peer support movements and initiatives; managing academic pressures; suicide prevention; and navigating the online world safely and positively.
5) Will I receive a certificate of attendance?
Yes! A downloadable signed certificate of attendance will be provided to each youth summit participant.
6) What is the theme of this year's Youth Summit?
"Resilience: Supporting each other and ourselves"
1) Are student discounts available?
Yes! Please see our ticket options here www.ticketflap.com/hkmhcys
2) When will we know if an in-person option is available?
With the many uncertainties of the coronavirus pandemic, we will continue to monitor the situation and follow guidance from the Hong Kong Government. We will be making regular announcements on our website and social media pages. Please check for updates.
3) If I indicate interest in attending the event in-person, will my place be guaranteed if the option becomes available?
Seating is limited and will be given on a first-come, first-served basis. By indicating interest in attending the in-person event, you are stating interest in attending the full day conference in-person, should restrictions allow.
4) Can I register for the Conference/Youth Summit only?
Yes! There are various ticketing options available. Registration for the conference and youth summit is separate - you are welcome to attend both or only one.
5) Are refunds available?
If the event is postponed or cancelled, refunds will be processed electronically to your method of payment.
6) How will I know the latest arrangements for the conference?
We will continue to update our website and social media accounts. In addition, all ticket holders will receive email updates on the latest arrangements when and if any changes are made.
7) Where will the proceeds from the ticket sales go?
All ticketing proceeds from the Conference will go towards Mind HK’s activities/joint activities. Ticketing proceeds from the Youth Summit will go towards Coolminds, an initiative between Mind HK and KELY Support Group.
1) Can I join the event in a fully virtual format?
Yes! We welcome attendees from around the globe.
2) How do I log into a virtual event?
We have partnered with Whova, an award-winning event technology provider. Registered attendees will be able to access the conference and summit via the Whova virtual event platform.
The Whova attendee user guide is available here: https://whova.com/pages/whova-app-user-guide/
3) What technology do I need to attend this event? Do I need to download any applications in order to attend?
Registered attendees can access the event through the Whova mobile event app, as well as through web browsers on their laptops or desktops with bigger screens.
The app can be downloaded here:
4) Can I ask questions if I attend the event virtually?
Yes! Attendees will be able to participate in online sessions with live Q&A, live polls, discussion, networking and more.
5) Will speaker sessions be live or pre-recorded?
Both! Although we would like to have all participants be able to engage in real-time, due to the involvement of international speakers across different time-zones, some sessions delivered by international speakers will be pre-recorded. Most keynote and plenary sessions will be delivered live. Some breakout sessions may be pre-recorded.
6) Will we be able to access recorded speaker sessions after the event?
Yes. Ticket holders will be able to access video recordings on-demand of speaker sessions for 6 months after. You won’t have to worry about missing any sessions due to time-slot clashes or if you are joining from a different time-zone.
7) Is there an opportunity for networking?
Absolutely! Attendees are able to network through the event app by:
- Viewing other attendee profiles
- Sending one-on-one messages to other attendees
- Exchanging e-business cards
- Joining conversations using chat and discussion board features
- Participating in virtual meet-ups
- Visiting virtual exhibitor booths